I can't believe that I've not posted anything for almost a month! WOW! We've all been pretty busy and I don't see it slowing down until after Christmas. I'll do my best through the holidays to keep posting to my blog as I hate that I haven't done so recently. I love to write and to share our lives with all of you.
Now on to an update in my participate in the Fall Into Reading 2009, hosted by Callapidder Days. There is still time to join in as it ends on December 20th. I so love these as it keeps me reading and it keeps me reading around Sam. So here's the updated list:
1. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - FINISHED!
2. Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs - FINISHED!
3. Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs
4. Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
5. Julie & Julia by Julie Powell
6. A Country Practice by Laura Abbot
7. So You Want To Be A Wizard by Diane Duane - Currently Reading
8. Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella - Currently Reading
Now for the books that Sam and I both are reading:
1. Santa Duck by by David Milgrim - FINISHED!
2. Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner and Greg Hargreaves - FINISHED!
3. Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things by Lenore Look - FINISHED!
4. Maybelle in the Soup by Katie Speck - FINISHED!
5. Lady Liberty: A Biography by Doreen Rappaport - FINISHED!
6. Help Me Mr. Mutt by Janet Stevens - FINISHED!
7. Bird, Butterfly, Eel by James Prosek - FINISHED!
8. The Black Book of Colors by Menena Cottin - FINISHED!
9. Nurk: The Strange Surprising Adventures of a (Somewhat) Brave Shrew by Ursula Vernon - Currently Reading
10. Encyclopedia Brown Cracks the Case by Donald J Sobol - Currently Reading
Most of the books that Sam and I are currently reading are from one of his schools lists and we are trying to get all 20 books read by January 30th. He not only has to read the book but also pass the reading test on them. I'm very proud of the fact that he wants to complete the list this year. Last year he didn't have any interest in doing so. The rest of the books on his list are:
1. The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall
2. Surprises According to Humphrey by Betty Birney
3. Masterpiece by Elise Broach
4. Martina the Beautiful Cockroach A Cuban Folktale by Carmen Agra Deedy
5. The Gollywhopper Games by Jody Feldman
6. That Book Woman by Heather Henson
7. Piper Reed: Navy Brat by Kimberly Willis Holt
8. Two-Minute Drill by Mike Lupica
9. Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf
10. Little Leap Forward ~ A Boy in Beijing by Guo Yue
11. Art From Her Heart Folk Artist Clementine Hunter by Kathy Whitehead
We already have 6 of the above books here at home and will be reading them as soon as we get done with the two we are currently reading. There are roughly 10 weeks left until he needs to have them done and I don't see why he can't get them done. I do have to say that I'm enjoying reading all of these books too!
1 day ago